Passion fruit mousse with milk caramel in a bath of milk chocolate



Last week I was totally seduced by the image of a passion fruit semifrio (semifreddo) I saw on blog Mesa para 4. The picture of the semifreddo was really attractive and I had to try it myself. I changed a couple of things in the recipe, for example, I substituted the 400ml of sweet condensed milk for 200 grams of milk caramel and I used passion fruit flavored gelatin instead of pineapple flavored gelatin.




This recipe was recently published on Mesa para 4 inspired in a recipe published on Portuguese food site Sabor Intenso which I had never heard before and I was quite pleased to find. This mousse is a very simple type of "juice-cream-and-gelatin-mousse" which is very popular in Brazil. Passion fruit mousse and passion fruit mousse tarts are, or better, remain among the most popular desserts in Brazil of the last 20 years and I just can't resist to try it again. Passion fruit and chocolate is just irresistible...





Passion fruit mousse with milk caramel in a bath of milk chocolate

400 ml pure passion fruit juice
500 ml heavy cream
200 grams milk caramel (doce de leite)
250 ml boiling water
2 sachets of passion fruit flavor gelatin (each sachet for 500ml liquid)

How:

In a saucepan dissolve the gelatin with the boiling water and let it cool. Meanwhile in a large bowl whisk milk caramel with passion fruit juice until totally incorporated. Add the cooled gelatin to juice-caramel mixture. Whip the cream until soft peaks. Add the cream to the caramel-gelatin mixture, in batches and with a spatula fold to incorporate cream completely. Divide into ramekins, glasses or pudding pans. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours. Serve with milk chocolate sauce.

Serves 10




Milk chocolate sauce


200 grams milk chocolate (I used with 40% cocoa)
200 ml low fat milk
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

How:

Cut chocolate into small bits and set aside. In a heavy bottom saucepan over medium heat bring milk and cocoa powder to a boil whisking to incorporate. Once mixture boils reduce heat to low and start adding the chocolate bits whisking to melt the chocolate completely. Remove from heat and whisk vigorously until chocolate is totally melted. Let it cool slightly and serve with the passion fruit mousse.

Comentários

petite nyonya disse…
Talita's blog led me here. You have a wonderful blog and delicious dessert recipes! I will definitely come back :)

Postagens mais visitadas