Honey Cake with Pears



I was planning to bake this cake yesterday since I had the ripe pears and I was in the mood to eat this cake. The public was small in my house yesterday since the kids were away in a party all day (they had two parties actually)and they did not eat much. So I decided to bake the cake today. It was delicious freshly baked cake with coffee after our late Sunday lunch.



The original recipe of the 'honey cake' asks for many different spices and a chocolate frosting. However, today I was not in the mood for spicy cake so I have used only cinnamon and brown sugar. The pears substituted the chocolate. I added pears just because I love cakes with fruits and because I had many pears at home.




Honey Cake with Pears

2 large pears (I have used Dutch Conference)
3 eggs
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups wheat flour
100ml honey
100ml sunflower oil ( can used also canola or corn oil)
100 ml milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnanmon

Butter a bread pan and set aside. In a bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and set aside. In another bowl beat the eggs with both sugars (brown and white) until fluffy and double the volume. Then add oil, milk and honey to the egg mixture and beat until very well incorporated. Finally add the flour mixture to the egg mixture in batches mixing very well between them. Put the batter in the buttered pan and add the peeled and picked pears. Sprinkle some white sugar over the pears and bake the cake for 40 to 50 minutes at 180C/320F or until a match inserted in the cake comes out clean.




Serve 10 to 12.

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas